Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 8

Neighbors
Sinan, Isabel, and Iris are all gone, and it's just Levent and me at the helm. Today was the first day at the vineyard all by myself, and everything is still alive after day 1. I was watering the grapes when a neighbor stopped by, wıth her prancing lambs, and we sat together on the dirt road. She spoke in Turkish, and I gesticulated wildly. We had afternoon tea, some cucumbers dipped ın salt, and all in all, it was quıtely lovely, considering the only takeaway from our entire exchange was that her name was Anna, the hunchback neighbor's name is Bee, and the word for chicken is tavuk (much better with actual object than word cards).

Around the World
In other news, it turns out George is goıng to be in Istabul for business next week, so I'm goıng to finish my chores early and rendezvous for a weekend in the city. Can't wait! More hamam would be nice. Maybe George will want to take belly dancing lessons...probably wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment