Yoomutah
One week left on the farm (and finally caught up on posts!). I'm going to miss eating eggs for breakfast. Especially the ones wıth the orange yolks from the neighbor's chickens. They remind me of the sunrise. Everyday I eat them like it's my last day.
On the way home from Havangıbag, the old lady asked me to bring back eggs to give to Sinan and Isabel. As I was unpacking them into the fridge, I noticed they were still slightly warm, which meant that these were as close as I was ever going to get to FRESH eggs. So as any curious monkey would do, I hard boiled an egg, took a shower, collected the egg, and went to my room, closing the door. I was going to treat this egg like a Nicholas Sparks novel - something to be savored privately.
I rolled the warm egg around for a bit, feeling the warmth emanating from it. As I began to take off the shell, you could see how the egg white was soft and a little plush - not at all stiff lıke egg whites back home. The orange filling inside was golden, sweet, and creamed together beautifully. It had a gorgeous smell - a reminder of nature at its finest.
Looking Forward
Other things I'll mıss are:
- Animals trumpeting sunrise
- Daily trek to Havangibag
- Levent's home cooking
- Daily workout for reasons other than vanity
- Eggs, again
- Tangible labor
- My baby grapes and olives
- A lifestyle that revolves around the sun
- The simple life
Things I won't miss:
- Scorpions, snakes, and spiders
- DEET
- Not being able to flush tp down the toilet
Things to look forward to:
- B
- Family and friends
- Mexican food
- High pressure showerheads (one of the greatest modern inventions)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That egg sounds extraordinarily delicious.
ReplyDeleteIt was. Caveat to that story ıs that two of the eggs Isabel cracked had little chicks ın them! Yikes!
ReplyDelete